Massage therapy and COVID-19 - What you need to know
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Will screen you for COVID-19 (before the appointment and when you arrive)
- Will ask you to come to the appointment alone ( if possible), wearing a mask
- Will ask you to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive and before you leave
- Will wash their hands with soap and water thoroughly and regularly including before and after treatment
- Will wear a medical mask / face shield whenever within two metres of you and during treatment
- May wear gloves or other personal protective equipment (PPE), such as googles or a gown
WHAT CLEANING AND DISINFECTING PROTOCOLS ARE IN PLACE?
- Items used during treatment will cleaned and disinfected after each client
- Linens and blankets will be changed and laundered after each client and the face cradle will be thoroughly disinfected
- Items that cannot be cleaned and disinfected or changed between clients will be removed from the treatment area
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
- Stay home if you have COVID-19 symptoms or are feeling unwell
- Try not to touch your face
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue; dispose of the tissue immediately and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer
- Let your RMT know if you have concerns about wearing a mask
- Follow your RMT's guidance and ask any questions you have before, during and after treatment.
- PLEASE COMPLETE THE COVID-19 PRE-SCREEN FORM THE DAY BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT IN A TIMELY MANNER ( BY 8:00 P.M. THE DAY BEFORE) IF YOU HAVE DIFFICULTY WITH COMPLETING OR HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN.